Monday, 9 January 2012

Bags oh so Beautiful

Handbags. Everyone knows, I´m totally hopelessly crazy psycho- obsessed about handbags. Let´s be honest, you can never get enough of them. What you want is variety. Practicality. Space. Function. And, if possible, pretty please, oh yeah: Price. I was very glad to stumble across Bag So Beautiful and their lovely range of  handbags. Needless to say I was even happier when (mon dieu!) I was sent two gorgeous bags to review, one in black and another in tan. The timing couldn´t be more perfect since I was about to go to Japan and needed a spacious bag to carry around millions of essentials thingys that I usually carry around everywhere when on holiday (sunscreen, moisturiser, passport, camera, bottle of water, cereal bars, baby wipes...you name it).

Black bag1


Black bag



So let´s start with the black one ('Stitched Black Hobo with Matching Purse'). I absolutely loved wearing that bag, I must say. First impression was: the synthetic leather is thick and quite authentic and, quite importantly, lovely to the touch. The curved contrasting stitching gives it an edge whilst the outside pockets/ compartments allows extra space and easy storage for small objects (great for keeping metro pass handy!). The cool thing is that this is the kind of bag that you can take from work to a party. The only downside is that if, like me, you like to carry your whole world in your handbag, then this black number will prove a bit heavy at the end of the day. Nonetheless, the trick is to wear the long straps that come with it and try to sit down from time to time (which is something that, strangely, when on holiday, I rarely allow myself to do.)



1p

The 'Tan with Snake Skin Finishing' bag was less intimidating than I thought it would be. I tend to avoid mono- strap bags and go for apparently more practical numbers, but this one was a revelation. The space inside is quite generous and the divisions and multiple pockets make this bag incredibly practical. The finishings are very good, the only recommendation is to avoid wearing dark coloured clothes since the dye can rub into the material and stain the bag. I was busy running around sightseeing (whilst wearing my favourite black coat) and by the time I realised my mistake it was already too late. Oh well, now you know (that´s what reviews are for!). In any case, this bag turned out to be my favourite and I was quite happy to add to it the Minnie Mouse (in a kimono!) I bought at Disney Sea as a cutesy japanesey touch.

Bag tan


Tan bag

* This post was sponsored by Bag So Beautiful


Are you also a handbag fanatic?


51 comments:

  1. I also need spacious bags like this. Always seem to carry so much stuff with me, never seem to use most of it though.

    I'm a bit of a handbag fanatic too, but sadly cannot afford all the ones I want :'(

    Amelia @ UGLY DUCKLING x

    I WAS AN UGLY DUCKLING BLOG!

    ReplyDelete
  2. love them both, and great colors

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the black one.... I love the shape!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the black bag, so chic, I love it.

    P.S. Thank you so much for the follow, I'm following you too :).

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree, they are both very cute & functional!

    ReplyDelete
  6. que guapaaaaa!! y me ENCANTA el abrigo de leopardo de las primeras fotos :D

    http://thegoldenpaillettes.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just found your blog and yes, I'm definitely a fan of handbags too. Your's are so cute and I really liked looking at these pics, looks like you travel to some amazing places. Following you now! Nice boots too

    xoDale
    I have a fashion blog here in San Francisco if you have time to stop by
    http://www.savvyspice.net/

    ReplyDelete
  8. Que lindas bolsas...
    adorei,
    beijos

    ReplyDelete
  9. you look gorgeous
    great coat
    I like the black one

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very nice bags and look really comfy. I prefer the black one.
    As to me, I love bags of course, but I can't consider myself being totally bag fanatic. I have a few and would have more, but every time I go shopping I have to face the choice: bag or shoes... and almost always my choice is shoes... perhaps I am a shoe fanatic...
    Nice post! Have a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your pictures of Japan are so fascinating, what an amazing country to visit. I like the shape of the black bag but the tan colour, I wonder if you get that combination.

    ReplyDelete
  12. They both so nice. Thanks for follow me, I'm following you, now.
    Christy

    www.superclementina.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is such a cute bag and your hair looks gorgeous in this post!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I am def a bag fanatic! Love the black one, it looks trendy and practical.

    http://navlandstyle.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  15. omg omg omg I love that pink hair it's so lovely!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great look! The bag is so nice, big and roomy! I am like you, I love to carry everything in my bag that I need my bags to be light in the first place so it doesn't end up weighing a ton! Thanks for the review!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Definitely a bag-o-holic!!!!
    http://www.intotheblonde.com/

    ReplyDelete
  18. cute bags

    liked your fb page too :) thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  19. hey lovely :) i found your blog and i'm impressed of your sense of style!
    what a beautiful combo you are wearinng :)
    would you like to follow each other, this would be a great honour?
    kisses, melina-lajolie from germany

    ReplyDelete
  20. I like your article posting this is really nice article and very informative blog i really like your article thanks for sharing it.....

    luxury yachts rental

    ReplyDelete
  21. I'm a bag lover as well! You can never have enough of them :D
    I love both your choices!

    ReplyDelete
  22. lovely blog! i love the header... cute cat!!!
    im following u now x

    Follow me on:
    Miss Kwong - Art and Fashion

    ReplyDelete
  23. thanks for the comment in my blog :)
    I like both bags and you have styled them so nicely with other matching items, especially the boots.

    Maiken/
    Maikeni blogi - part of me

    ReplyDelete
  24. Oh yeah, handbags have become my favorite recently. Love these! So beautiful!

    -Ellie

    ReplyDelete
  25. love bags! I like the brown one!!!!!!!!!!

    Dionysia
    http://i-am-a-fashionista.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  26. Great bag! I love your coat too :)

    By the way, I'm giving away a pair of Le Specs sunglasses on my blog if you're interested!
    Rouge Fox

    ReplyDelete
  27. que monos los bolsos Paula!!me he comprado un abrigo de leopardo muy parecido al tuyo y me encanta!!
    un besin guapa=)

    ReplyDelete
  28. Love the post! Great styling. I want them all.

    Love from Canada

    Northern style exposure

    www.northernstyle.blog.com

    ReplyDelete
  29. ohhh yes!! i love bags!!<33
    great blog:)
    http://spliffedcookies.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  30. Both bags are gorgeous, love the stiching for the black one :)

    ReplyDelete
  31. Oh boy do I love handbags and those bags are great!! I will have to check them out!

    ReplyDelete
  32. me encantan los bolsos!! pero cada vez tengo mas y menos sitio jajaj

    me ha encantado el marron, es precioso!

    un besito

    http://theangelswearprada.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  33. El abrigo me encanta, esos botones tan chulos y el bolso... qué chulo.

    Te he dado un pequeño premio en mi blog, porque eres una de las primeras que me visitas y me apetecía que la gente conociese tu pequeño gran blog.

    Besitos popfilácticos guapa, y feliz entrada de año

    ReplyDelete
  34. que fotos lindas Paula, parabéns!
    adorei a bolsa também!

    beijão
    http://mondeetmode.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  35. I love handbags too and I am a firm believer that a girl can never have too many bags or too many pairs of shoes!!! These bags look amazing!!

    How was Disney Sea?? I went there last year but only for a day and I only managed to explore a small part of the theme park.

    xoxo
    Lizzo

    chewylove.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  36. Que fotos tan bonitas!! me encanta tu abrigo!!
    MUAAA

    ReplyDelete
  37. So gorgeous and that bag is absolutely gorgeous doll.


    <3 Marina
    Fashion.MakeUp.LifeStyle

    ReplyDelete
  38. Of course! I'm an obsessed too :)thanks for the visit, i follow u back :) xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  39. Awesome information. I am really surprised with this topic. Keep up the good work and post more here to read. Custom Logo Design

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments, I love reading them! A special thanks to my followers, I couldn´t do it without you! Do follow me if you like my blog, I always return the favour and follow back.